October 17, 2008

geek squad

I reluctantly handed my laptop over to the Geek Squad today. I didn't really think about how much power I was handing over. All the weird pictures. All my internet history. Whatever weird documents of thoughts I've saved over the years. But perhaps they'll enjoy my Paint masterpieces. Like, imagine if you had a stranger's computer. Wouldn't you want to look through all of their shit? I would. The real question is do I mind. I'm not sure I do. I don't think there's anything illegal (the guy quelled any fears I had about music downloading narcs). I am hoping he'll hurry and get mine done!

Oh, but the downside. He told me that my laptop will never ever be able to run Spore. How depressing! Who knows when I'll ever get another computer. Its desktop icon just sits there taunting me. He also said that McAfee is nothing compared to him, he is human anti-virus software (insomany words). My pitiful McAfee has identified a virus but I probably have like a million because of Limewire. Well if virus software isn't good enough then what is a person supposed to do?? I guess there is only one option. Become best friends with the Geek Squad guy.

Are there no drive thru Dairy Queens in the tristate area?! All I want is a pumpkin pie blizzard slash to not leave my car. I don't think that's asking a lot.

No comments: