March 31, 2010

blog for the sake of blog

I took some time to read back through my old blog entries and I have to say that I don't quite understand why I am not famous yet. I mean, this is good quality stuff, guys. Guys? Anybody?

So work got kinda busy and I lost my steam with the whole writing book reviews thing but I never stopped reading. I read a Pat Robertson book, that was an adventure I really should've taken you on with me. I apologize. I actually bought the book from the $3 Book Warehouse in Georgia so perhaps I will revisit it sometime for that purpose.

Right now I am reading several books. One is about the segregation in the school systems in America and I've nicely balanced that with another $3 Book Warehouse pick called Hard America, Soft America by Michael Barone. It reads like a never-ending essay that you're peer-editing. Its funny, this was another book I didn't realize was a Conservative book until after I started reading it. I always have this moment of, "Hey, wait a minute!" And then I read the author bio and it all falls into place. Its basically about how there's Hard America and Soft America and Hard America is what we need. Then he takes whatever he is talking about (justice system, welfare, education, war, etc.) and spins it so the best way is the Conservative way which is also Hard. Sometimes bureaucracies are good, sometimes they aren't. It all depends on who created them. Its a tangled web of "Huh??". But ok, Barone. If you say so.

I got into a debate with my richy-rich Conservative grandfather over dinner the other night. He just baits me and baits me until I can't take it anymore. I kept my mouth shut all the way until the coffee was served. But guess what? I won. For once, for the first time, for the first ever ever ever time, I totally won. I knew all his talking points, I knew all the facts, I trapped him and he knew it. And he had this crazy gleam in his eye--he liked it. He knew it was on like for realz this time. Its good to know that I can hold my own with those guys now. I've come a long way, baby!

Ok, while we're having a chat, let's talk TV. Let's talk Ricky Gervais show, actually. So I am to believe that this show is a big hit? Really? I like Ricky Gervais as much as the next gal but you cannot computer animate a podcast and call it a show and expect me to like it. Its not the same thing as a TV show. Which is what I want to watch when I am watching...TV. Yeah. Get it? Got it? I don't know. I get bored. I find it annoying and maybe even a bit cumbersome. It plods along like a great square tire made of stone. Plomp. Boosh. Plomp. Oh ok, there was something funny. Plomp. Not worth sitting through all that plomping.

Let's hear it for all my trashy shows, though! 90210, Melrose Place and Gossip Girl have really been spot-on so far this spring. Just the kind of trashy ridiculousness that I desire from them. Annie is totally going to steal Liam from Naomi. Rumer Willis made Adrianna a lesbian. The new neighbor is cutting open corpses and looking sketchball. Ella is getting framed by Heather Locklear. Jenny is gonna steal Nate from Serena. Life is good.

Well anyway, I guess I haven't really got anything more to say. Maybe if I led a more thrilling life I would be inclined to write more. Or maybe I wouldn't. Damned if I'll ever know. Word to you and yours.

No comments: